Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Our Dad's Trees.

We have three trees now; a peach tree, pine tree, and a Kentucky black walnut tree. The first tree we got was the pine tree. But, the pine tree isn't just any old "pine tree" It's not just any old tree you see in your central park, with giant pine cones and branches to climb. My dad got it when it was as big as his thumb. Now, we have had it for 10 years and it is only 3 and a half feet tall. The reason for that is, we have had it in a big pot its whole life. From a sprout to a tree. My dad calls it his mom. He got the pine tree right after she died, and it instantly reminded him of her. :) We decorate the pine tree every year for Christmas, and for Halloween. Even some years, it is our Christmas tree. It touches the sky in our eyes. <3
Next we got the peach tree. We have had it for almost 5 years, and it is 10 feet tall. It grows kinda weird-ish too, and every year we always get deformed peaches, but they are the best peaches ever! My dad calls it his Dad, and his Dad always used to call my Dad's sister Peaches.
And now the walnut tree. My dad got it from his boss, who got it from his Dad. My dad's brother died last year from lung problems. And as you can already guess, the tree represents him. But unfortunately, we almost lost it because the soil wasn't fed right. We have only had it for about maybe two, or one, years and it is almost 4 feet. It hasn't grown very much since we got it, but now that we fertilized it, it has green buds that you see now! :D
These trees mean a lot to my dad, well my family, and even when my Dad was trying to mix the fertiizer with the dirt, whenever he would accidently cut a root he would say "Aw man, I'm sorry brother."
I love my Dad <3 <3 :'3

No comments:

Post a Comment